Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Another Pre-Workout Review: C4 Extreme From Cellucor (8.5/10)

Expert Author Mark E Robinson
Today I will be discussing my experience with the pre-workout supplement called C4 Extreme, made by Cellucor. Cellucor is a relatively new company but it has stormed the supplement scene over the past couple of years. They have become a well known, and trusted source of quality supplements. I can vouch for them because overall I was very satisfied with C4 Extreme.
After the sales guy convinced me to go for the "Buy 2 get 1 free" sale, I am about 2 tubs deep into C4 Extreme and am still enjoying it. With many other pre-workouts I have tried, the effects would've started to diminish after around week 3; and I would've had to up the dose. I have not needed to do this with C4. The main goals of C4 is to boost your energy, focus, strength and endurance during a workout. Let's get into how it did in these categories.
The energy and focus I felt from 1 scoop of C4 was a pleasant amount. Not too strong, but definietly enough to feel the difference. If I was feeling particularly tired one day, I could manage a second scoop and still not feel uncomfortable from too much caffeine. It provided a nice clean, non-jittery feeling of focus too. In terms of endurance, I felt that C4 did a pretty good job of getting me through my workouts with a consistent amount of energy, and with a very mild - if any sort of crash afterwards. One thing I did notice though is that it gave me a unusually dry mouth and made me feel really thirsty. I think it's likely because it doesn't contain any ingredients that help replenish electrolytes, which some other pre-workout supplements do.
Pros
• Increases energy without over doing it
• Focus improves
• Endurance is notably improved
• No crash following the workout
Cons
• lacking eletrolyte replenishment
• only a small amount of Creatine included (add your own if need be)
• doesn't include much to boost your recovery time
I arrived at 8.5/10 for C4 Extreme because I found it very useful at improving my workouts. It was a nice change from some of the intense, high stimulant pre-workout options. A clean and comfortable energy and focus level, with energy sustained through my workouts. The price is pretty reasonable usually about the $30 per container, and finally because every flavor I've had thus far have been excellent, and mixed perfectly.
At the end of the day, I'd still call C4 Extreme one of my favorite pre-workout supplements even though it wasn't the strongest I've tried. I've bought it a few times over already, and have recommended it to friends of mine as well. All have seemed to enjoy their resulsts thus far. Just keep in mind the low Creatine levels, and keep a water bottle nearby to help keep you hydrated too! Thanks for reading, and good luck choosing your next pre-workout supplement!
Deciding on one of the hundreds of pre-workout options now available can be a daunting task. The best way to find how well something asks is by asking a friend or reading reviews online. Marks' site Before Your Workout.com is full of reviews and information regarding pre-workout supplements, and it's known for providing unbiased reviews. To read a more detailed review of C4 Extreme, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment